One of the offices that Kevin does business with invited a bunch from the design community to Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesen West. The Foundation rents out the facility for parties and displays the buildings along with a magic show and plenty of food. There were performers on stilts, oversized chess sets for the kids, bouncy balls and toys which made for a family friendly gala. Of course, since most were architects it was more of a party of the barely employed, but everyone was in good spirits, and who wouldn't be with the food and drink overlooking the valley lights? Chloe loved the buildings and exploring the courtyards. Frank designed ceilings at about seven feet so it has a kid scale to it. The girls were looking fashionable (which is a stage that has snuck up on me like a Japanese speed train) and were absolutely amazed by the magician during his one-on-one tricks. Of course, an evening out with our family wouldn't be complete without Kate mixing things up...which did happen while Christa, Chloe, and Kassidy were watching the full magic show, and Kate and I were in the nearby play area. The next thing I knew, there was crying, and sure enough, Kate had bounced her bouncy ball right into the reflecting pool! Fortunately it was only 18 inches deep and there were three adults on her before I could do anything. I couldn't blame her on this one... those balls can really throw you. The gentlemen that pulled her out said she swam well and even removed her ball from the pool before getting out herself. Kate told me "those were my favorite shoes!". They have the flashing red lights in them and I assured her that even though they were soaked they still worked. Later by the fireplace Kate asked me to "dump the water out of her shoes." I think I found it more amusing than I should have but the whole ordeal was just so "Kate" that what else can you do but go with it?
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment