While wiring the new light fixture in the Living Room, Chloe helped me run the wiring from the attic down to the first floor. I gave her a walkie-talkie and we coordinated the pull/push of the string to pull the wire through the wall. She was a terrific helper, without her it would have taken me six trips in and out of the attic. I was up in the attic with insulation all around me trying to look down the hole and I would hear, "stuck again..." crackle across the walkie-talkie. I would pull the wire up a bit and then tell her to pull down and sure enough it worked with a, "Daddy... your going too far!" was a sure sign the wire was past the switch box.
Friday, November 23, 2007
Little Helper
While wiring the new light fixture in the Living Room, Chloe helped me run the wiring from the attic down to the first floor. I gave her a walkie-talkie and we coordinated the pull/push of the string to pull the wire through the wall. She was a terrific helper, without her it would have taken me six trips in and out of the attic. I was up in the attic with insulation all around me trying to look down the hole and I would hear, "stuck again..." crackle across the walkie-talkie. I would pull the wire up a bit and then tell her to pull down and sure enough it worked with a, "Daddy... your going too far!" was a sure sign the wire was past the switch box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment